Fred, look over there, what the hell is that?
Ethell, that there is a Canadian goose and he’s staring back at us.
What do you think he’s doing here Fred?
He’s probably cruizing around just like we are in search of food.
Maybe we should go over and introduce ourselves. I hear Canadians are quite friendly.
I’ve heard that Canadian geese can be quite rude Ethell if you get too close to them.
Okay, Fred then let’s get the flock out of here.
Pierre5018 [CC BY-SA 4.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)]
This was written for Crimson’s Creative Challenge #41.
My son Garth. I think he was on his phone when I took this.
To link up to Friday Fun please click here.
Garth cooking Christmas dinner 2016.
This post is for Fibbing Friday.
- What was the “clue” in Clue? Haven’t a clue!
- What did Harry Potter really do in the Chamber of Secrets? I can’t tell you as I’m a lady.
- What are mixed nuts? Get my mind out of the gutter 🙂
- What is a Stubbie holder (no cheating)? It heats up your dinner.
- What’s a Scouser (no cheating)? A beer from Japan.
- What happened on April 10, 221 BCE? Like I’m supposed to remember way back then!
- Why did Mario and Luigi dislike toads? When they’d order them in a restaurant they were always burnt.
- Why were the Blues Brothers sad? Their move flopped.
- What happened to make the summer magic? Trump got impeached.
- What was the secret of Nimh? Can’t say, it’s a secret.
- Where did Gulliver travel to? To the store, to the laundry matt, to the mall and home.
- What did the Avengers avenge? They excused themselves from their mother’s dinner tables in order to punish each other.
This post is for Wordle 410.
Words here, words there
Match words in the air
Give and take
Tail the team to the stream
If one falls in, throw them a rope
Let them see that they can cope
The vein that runs through the rock
Will never melt for it is locked
Fill a tank with rainwater
For the days that are hotter
© Susan Zutautas 2019
I’m a little late with this post. Hell, I’m almost a week late!
This post is written for Fibbing Friday over at The Haunted Wordsmith.
- What did the fan say? Turn me on baby, I’ll heat you up.
- What really kicks off summer? Hot Buttered Rum and roasted chestnuts.
- Who rules the world? If we are not careful it may end up being Trump 😦
- What is the best thing to do to someone who snores? Put a pillow over their face and press hard.
- Who/what was your last unexpected house guest? The Queen Bee.
- How does a blanket keep warm? It imagines itself on a very hot beach.
- Why shouldn’t you snoop? Because last time I did someone tried to kill me.
- What is the worst thing that could happen to you? I’d win the lottery and pay off all my bills and mortgage.
- What did the gopher and mole do when they met? They mated of course and went underground.
- What lurks in your backyard? Attack squirrels and Leo the lion.
- What is the best way to torture someone? Lick them to death.
This is written for Photo Challenge #265 at Mindlovemisery’s Menagerie.
Lying on the beach
Soaking up the sun
Thinking of maybe, going for a run
Smoking a joint and on my third beer
I don’t really want to, move from here
The radio is blasting
Today they’re broadcasting
The Boss is singing
About how he’s bringing
Mary down to the river
and into the river, they’d dive
Don’t know where my gal went
Gave her fifteen and fifty cent
Maybe she went for a swim
Or to the store to buy more Gin
Fell asleep on the beach
Too bad my hair didn’t bleach
Now I have a sunburn
That matches my red hair
and I hurt, everywhere
©Susan Zutautas 2019
“Every word, facial expression, gesture, or action on the part of a parent gives the child some message about self-worth. It is sad that so many parents don’t realize what messages they are sending.”
“Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion; it is not the expression of personality, but an escape from personality. But, of course, only those who have personality and emotions know what it means to want to escape from these things.”
T. S. Eliot Read
This post is in an answer to 3-2-1 Quote Me Challenge which was started at TeleportingWeena. I was then tagged by Suze to take part in this challenge.
So here’s how it works:
Thank the selector: “Thanks, Susi, this was a fun challenge to do.”
Post 2 quotes for the challenge of the day, which is Expression.
Select 3 bloggers to take part in this challenge.
My 3 choices are as follows:
Your mission if you choose to play along is listed above.
I found this fun and I hope that you gals do too.