Homemade Quesadilla Recipe
I had made chili for dinner last night and I usually serve it with Tostito’s scoops, but I had forgotten to buy them. Not wanting to make a salad, and I didn’t have bread to make garlic toast and then it hit me … thinking out loud to myself … I have some leftover tortilla shells why not make my own quesadillas.
I must tell you that they came out pretty good and were gobbled up before I could reach for a third piece.
Without further ado, I’ll show you how I made them.
Ingredients I apologize as I didn’t measure anything.
- Chopped red onion (2 thick slices)
- Chopped tomato (1 small tomato)
- Chopped jalapeno (They were the jarred type)
- Chopped peppers (I used yellow, red, and orange)
- 8 small tortilla shells
- Cheddar cheese with jalapenos (I used 3 slices of processed)
- Mozzarella cheese grated
- Cheddar cheese grated
- Preheat your oven to 400° Fahrenheit or 200° Celcius
- Put all the ingredients except the shells and cheese into a small bowl and toss
- Lay out the shells and spoon the mixture onto of the shells
- Please note I put the processed cheese on the shells first
- Next, add the cheese on top of the mixture
- Place another shell on top
- Place on a cookie sheet or oven-safe dish and heat for about 5-6 minutes
- Remove from oven and cool for about ten minutes
- Slice and serve